вторник, 27 января 2009 г.

Martial arts: aikido


Among all martial arts aikido stands separately to me. I came into aikido seriously when I was 20 years old. Before, when I was 15 I started practicing a kind of martial art which my sensei called "aikido" but that wasn't a real aikido.



When I became 20 years old I enlisted into a real aikido group. As I saw this aikido was much more different from "aikido" which I practiced 5 years ago. In real aikido created by O-Sensei Morihei Uesiba you use the energy of your opponent to stop him. You almost do not need your own power. However O-Sensei Uesiba was a very strong man as they say. At the end of his life he developed the brutal martial art which he had learned from Takeda Sensei into a soft martial art called aikido.

Nowadays aikido is a martial art that can be practiced by old people, women, children. Also it is a very good way of self-development and self-defence for people who are not offensive in their nature. As for me I am a mild person and I don't like to fight. At the same time I realize that I need to know how to defend my family in case of a danger. That's why I put my choice on such a martial art as aikido.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий